Monday, November 21, 2022

Inspiration...Patchwork Dress

This week's inspiration is rather interesting and lends itself toward using large leftovers pieces of fabric or not.  It would definitely take some planning but is certainly doable.


This is the Lafayette 148 New York Patchwork Print Twist Front  Maxi Dress.  Price tag: $1698.00.  Details: Jeweled neckline, sleeveless, ruched back, ankle length, a-line silhouette, invisible zipper, polyester, fully lined, 51-inches long.  For reference, the model is 5'10".  It can be found on Neiman Marcus website.

This is such a simple dress.  If you have a fitted shift dress meant for wovens, you are almost there.  I would be very tempted to make the "twist" into a belt.  In the past when I had this type of a twist, it closed with velcro. As for the skirt of the dress, I would decide on the length and decide how wide to make the skirt.  Then, I would change the skirt portion of the shift dress by cutting the pattern at regulra intervals and spread until I have the wide that I wanted.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment