Monday, August 22, 2022

Inspiration...Plaid Jacket with Pleated Pants

 Fall is coming.  I can see that the trees that survived the hot, hot summer are starting to change a little bit.  It seems a bit early.  I am working on the last two summerish garments and then I am moving to fall.  So I am out looking for inspiration.  This outfit would be really nice for working in an office environment although I am not sure how many of those outfits are needed these.  Most of the people I know that work in office environments are doing most of the work from home these days.  On the outfit:


I wanted a picture of the entire outfit.  If I were still working, this is exactly what I would be happy wearing.  Here is a close-up of the jacket:



This is the Lafayette 148 New York Highlands Plaid Open-Front Reversible Jacket. Price tag: $1698.00.  Details: reversible jacket with leather piping, 22 1/2" long from shoulder to hem, crew neckline with open front, long sleeves, patch chest pockets, relaxed fit, wool.

Pants - Lafayette 148 New York Waverly Tapered Pants. Price tag: $898.00. Details:  approximately 28" (model is 5'10"), mid-rise sits high on hip, side seam pockets, cuffed hems, cropped at ankle, full through thigh, tapered leg.

Turtleneck -Lafayette 148 New York Knit Raglan Sleeved Turtleneck Sweater.  Price tag: $598.00. Details: Approximately 24" long from shoulder to hem (size small), turtleneck, long raglan sleeves, relaxed fit, pullover style.

As far as patterns go, I would use the same patterns as mentioned in this post.  For the pants, I would try this pattern:


This is Simplicity 9376.  There are a couple options in this pattern.  The pant might not be as full as the inspiration photo but you decide how much ease you want.  Other options might be looking for a vintage pattern from the 80s or 90s.  As far as the top, just use an already fitted t-shirt pattern and add a collar the length you want.

Something I want to mention about the jacket, if you are wanting a reversible jacket make sure to muslin it first with similar weight fabrics.  It is surprising how much an added layer of fabric will change the fit.  Also instead of leather, look into the leather look knit.  It will be much easier to work with unless of course you just love leather.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful!

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment