Friday, April 8, 2022

Inspiration...Shirt + Pants

 I have been seeing a lot of "suit" like wardrobe items.  Here is one that is a little bit interesting:


This is the Akris Punto Baby Leopard Print Cropped Twill Blouse and Fred Baby Leopard Print Twill Belted Pants.  Price tag:  Blouse - $595.00, Pants - $495.00.  Details:  Blouse - cotton twill in a leopard print, Kent collar, concealed button placket, 3/4 sleeves with dropped shoulders, back pleat, boxy fit, cropped length, round hem.  Pants - high rise, side slip pockets, back button pocket, fabric d-ring belt, tapered legs, ankle length, tab/zipper fly, belt loops.

Here are a couple of  tutorials on how to create the placket - How To Make Hidden Buttonholes and How to Make a Hidden Button Placket.   The second tutorial is my favorite method but I would think that both have advantages. 

As far as patterns go, I think would be tempted to just use the Classic Shirt by Liesl & Co. and just shorten the sleeves and maybe straighten the hem.  As far as the pants go, the Clover pant pattern by Colette using view A is a classic cigarette style pant.  

I might need to give more thought to the patterns but I really haven't seen too many pant patterns with that exact silhouette.  I am open to suggestions.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment