Monday, November 20, 2017

Getting a Little Bit Crafty....

The sewing area is still in the organization stage and I have been wanting to create so badly that I have turned toward crafty.  A new house needs new decorations for the holidays, don't you think?  I created a wreath:



This is the very first time that I have done something like this and I'm mostly happy with the results.  I may play around a bit more with the ribbon placement, the greenery placement, and added a few ornaments.  I think it is could just be finished.

I found the tutorial for the wreath on youtube:  Ruffled Burlap Wreath.  The lady doing the tutorial gives information on where to get supplies.  All of the items for this wreath were purchased at Walmart with the exception of the ties that I'm using to hold the greenery picks in place.  Those were found among my husband's stuff in the garage. The ornaments found at the Dollar Store.

We were sad to find out that there isn't a Michael's nearby.  The closest one is an hour away.  Fortunately, family live in the town where Michael's is located so we will still be able to grab stuff there occasionally.  I kid you not when I say that Walmart's holiday picks selection was slim at best.  There was maybe 6 or 7 styles and that was it.  So, if for some reason we visit family before this goes up on the front door, I might change out the greenery picks.

You can see my new back door in the picture.  I'm so proud of how it looks.  This room will get a coat of paint soon. I will be so happy to have nice looking trim in this room along with lightening up the whole room.

Happy Sewing (or Crafting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment