Friday, October 7, 2016

It's Good to be Home Again...

I spent the past week visiting with my parents.  It was so very nice to see them again.  I don't usually visit in the fall but this was my chance and I took it.  I even got to fly instead of drive.  How lucky am I?  It just happen to turn out that it cost the same between the two options.  So I flew knowing I would get to spend a couple of extra days with family.  Before I left, I ordered a few things so I could get started on some projects upon my return.  Here's my purchases:


I purchased three sizes (2.75mm, 3.00mm, 3.25mm) of the Pony knitting needles from Deramores in the UK.  I have purchased from them in the past and was pleased with their prompt service. Now, I'm ready to start my next project from the Wilder by Kim Hargreaves book.  This is the first time I've used these brand of needle.  I hope that I like them.

I also decided to purchase some fabric and try to carve out some "me" sewing time for a few tops.  Here are my purchases:



I hope I'm not deceiving myself about getting sewing done. I feel like all I have worked on this entire year has been quilts and it's time to do something whether I have a serger or not.  I hope I can still do a satisfactory edge finish.  I know once long ago I was able to sew just fine without a serger. Almost forgot, all the fabric is from fabric.com.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment