Saturday, March 7, 2015

Muslin Butterick 6166 Part 2

Oh, I know I said the next time you heard from me regarding this pattern that I hoped it was finished but I still playing with the muslin. Here's a few pictures you haven't seen:

Here I have thread traced the waistline to see how it looked.  I was surprised to see that it doesn't look too bad. You can see there is a touch of upward movement in the front. I'm not 100% sure that it is enough to warrant a adding length.  We'll see what I decide. DH is my helper.  I did ask him to tell where the markings were in relation to my actual waist and it seems that it about an inch higher.  Now, I will decide whether I need a second muslin or if I can make additional modifications to think one.

Here's the back.  I modified it from Thursday by re-installing the zipper and redoing the back seam.  Don't you just love the little bit of black zipper showing itself at the bottom?  Just kidding.  The zipper I ordered was a bit short but I used it on the muslin so there is a tiny little gap.  Here, I have also hand basted the darts and not perfectly at that.  The dart on the left side looks much better than the dart on the right side.  Overall, the back above the waist looks too big.  The fit below the waist doesn't look too bad.

Here's a close up of the back after DH pinned those wrinkles out and the those pins go up to my shoulder blades.  Of course, he doesn't know what he is doing and was only listening to my explanation of what needed to be done.  I need to do some research into fitting this area.  I have seen this issue before.  If you know any resources, feel free to send me the information.  In the meantime, I will be reading through my various fitting books and seeing what they have to say.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment