Monday, October 20, 2014

Impromptu Project....

You know how sometimes you want to work on an instant gratification project, something that you know will be fairly quick.  Well, I found the perfect project at Simplicity and it was a freebie! The project was Easy PJ Pants (this is a link).  The hardest part of this pattern was printing it out and taping it together.  Here's the finished product:


Yeah, not sure a good picture but it's really hard to a picture of pants laying on the floor.  You can see the cute penguins though.  My son is such a good sport for agreeing to this stash find.  I'm sure that he picked out this fabric when he was much younger.

Back to the pattern.  Overall, I would say this is a great pattern. There is two pattern pieces after you tape together the 25 sheets of paper - the pant and the drawstring.

Changes:
1.  I changed the 1/2" elastic to 1" elastic.  Again, using elastic from the stash and I didn't want to cut it in half.

Yep, that was the only thing I changed.  My son is 6'3" and these were perfect for him.  So be sure to adjust the length if you're a lot shorter.  He wears a 36 inseam in jeans.

Yes, I will make another pair or two.  There is a change I will make on the next pair.  The buttonholes for the drawstring will be vertical instead of horizontal if I decide to do the drawstring.  I will add a little piece of fabric on the back to stabilize it.  Really, the pant has elastic and the drawstring isn't really necessary.

The best part about this project as I was able to remove about 3 yards of stashed fabric with this one project.  There are some big enough pieces left that I can make some little items and I may but that will be another day.

Ok, back to the mantel scarf.  It must be done soon.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment