Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Fun Little Weekend....

This past weekend we had a little fun here:


We were in the Santa Fe area and it was beautiful.  The weather was cool in the mornings and perfect during the day.  I'm not sure that better weather is possible at this time of year.  We were there for 3 wonderful days.   There was one place that I would have loved to have gone to daily but I did manage to get there twice:


The Kakawa Chocolate House...oh, yes, if you're visiting Santa Fe and you're a chocolate lover this s the place to go.  I tried several items and they were all good.  We tried several versions of the hot chocolate (elixirs), the brownies (awesome), the macaroons, and the truffles.  How could I not bring a couple of the elixir mixes home?  I hope they are as good at home.


There were these beautiful yellow trees sprinkled around the landscape.  I think these are Aspens but I'm not sure.  Notice how beautiful the sky is.


This is the Rio Grande. I wasn't expecting the big deep valley.


This is a view at Bandelier National Monument.  This little valley was so peaceful and beautiful.  We spent 3 to 4 hours hiking and looking at the sights.

Of course, we also took the time to try some of the New Mexico cuisine.  My son wouldn't try any of it.   I ate a lot of chiles over three days.   I wish that I could have gotten into more of the local food.  I guess I can do some research and see if I can find some of the local recipes.

This is a place that I really would like to visit again.  I hope that it happens.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment