Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Flowers From The Garden….

I have enjoyed the flowers from my garden this year tremendously. I have made several bouquets mostly from the peonies and irises:



Then I had the idea to fill a large ball jar with dried peonies.  Here’s the jar:


This was found at Target last fall.  I thought it would be fun to fill with different items throughout the year.

Here’s the jar filled with the dried peony petals:



I’m not sure where this will go in the long term but for now it will be on my mantel in the living room to add a bit of color.

I have a wonderful spring time flower show.  Unfortunately, the rest of the year isn’t so good.  Thankfully, annuals are available that can fill in color but I do prefer the perentials.

For a little bit of sewing, I have picked my next project.  It will be the Aida top pattern by Sew Liberated.  I hope to trace the pattern and watch the associated video within the next couple of days.


Happy Stitching or Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment