Saturday, March 15, 2014

Next projects...

Even though there is still snow about, I'm determined to start some spring/summer items.  It would be nice to have stuff ready for when the weather warms up or if I should head south.  So, here's the first two projects that I've picked:


First is the Shelia's Jacket pattern from Silhouette Patterns.  I had never looked closely at this pattern before until one of webcast at the beginning of the year.  I will definitely do a muslin of this pattern before cutting my fabric which is a denim type fabric with a floral design right out of the stash.  This will be a great casual jacket for spring or for the air conditioning.


Second is the Diane Kimono Dress pattern from Serendipity Studio.  I fell in love with this pattern the first time I saw it and got it immediately.  It should be a quick and easy dress to make.  I will do a muslin of this to check the fit of the bodice just in case an FBA is required.  Doesn't this look like a nice summer dress?  Unfortunately, I do not have stash fabric for this but I do have fabric picked out at work.  If you're interested in this pattern, please hop over to the Pattern Loft to purchase.

Have you made either of these patterns?  What were your results?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment