Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another one bits the dust....

Yes, another UFO has bit the dust. The grain bag is finished. I didn't add the elastic to the top. It was super simple sewing and surprisingly everything came together easily. DH is very happy and proclaimed that he now needed to make a batch of beer to try out the new bag. I hope it works for him. I now have a pattern that works. The sewing time on this was very short. It took about 1 1/2 hours to complete and this included fiddling with the serger which had to be threaded from the beginning (I usually pull threads) and I had to move needles. Now, I'm wondering why this became a UFO.

However, I'm now planning new projects which will most likely become the next UFOs. I hope not but you know how that goes.

I have gone stash diving and found a couple of fabrics. The first one is some kind of challis (I think) and is in lovely fall colors. Here's the pattern I was planning on: The version I'm thinking about is the one shown in yellow. This is McCall's 5925. Is this still somewhat fashionable? I was going to lengthen it to knee length and wear tights with boots. I'm thinking that it might be nice and warm for my office. I did look for reviews and found one. I need to take the pattern out and measure it. Since the styling is suppose to be very loose fitting, I will need to determine how loose I'm willing to go.

The second stash find that I found was a navy dinosaur print. My son has agreed that it would make perfect pjs. Hopefully, I can get those made. He has outgrown everything and I'm sure would appreciate something besides short pjs now that the weather is getting cool again.

Don't think that I have made all the UFOs disappear because I haven't. I can think of at least three more but I want something new for myself.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment