Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not much sewing going on

Vacation time is here once again. It has become a ritual to go somewhere for spring break. This year we will be visiting the Grand Canyon, the Petrified Forest, and Bryce Canyon. It will be a very busy week with lots of hiking around. Between work and the ritual of cleaning the house before leaving on vacation (am I the only one who wants to come home to a clean house?), I haven't had much time to sew. I did manage to get my pattern traced. I traced both the size 16 and the size 18 of the skirt and pin fit both to see which one fit the best. Would you believe I didn't like the fit of either one? The size 18 fit well across the front. However, the size 18 would be too big overall. I will be making a muslin for a change just to see how it will look using the 16. I know that the the seam line will be forward but based on the information it will need to be this way for the overall balance. Hope I find a little bit of time after the holidays to sew. My machine went to the shop today for some adjustments and it will be back in a couple of weeks.

Have wonderful holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment