Tuesday, April 22, 2014

FIT 2 STITCH ...

Do you have the opportunity with your local PBS station to see the new Fit 2 Stitch sewing show with Peggy Sagers?  I haven’t seen it on the local station in my area.  However, I ordered the series and finally found the opportunity to sit down and watch it, twice.  These DVDs are stuffed full of information.  Here’s the list of topics:

1.   Bodice and Darts
2.   Skirts for all Ages
3.   The Sleeve
4.   Great Fit
5.   The French Curve
6.   Proportions
7.   Pants
8.   Jeans
9.   Yoga Pants
10. Sewing Styles
11.  Silk Blouses
12.  One Pattern
13.  Sewing Tips

Nice list of topics, don’t you think?  I've enjoyed each of the shows, especially the shows on fitting.  It seems as you age that it’s harder to fit or maybe I didn't notice as much when I was younger.  RTW is very frustrating.  Many times, sewing for yourself is very frustrating.  Anyone else feel like that? I think that it is so much easier to fit someone other than myself.  Yet, I keep trying.

It has been announced that there will be a second season of Fit 2 Stitch.  I have already ordered the second season DVDs and the pattern that goes along with it.  It won’t be available till the fall but it will be something to look forward to in the fall.  If you’re interested in this series, contact your local PBS station and request the show.  Of course, you can just purchase the series like I have done.  It can be found at fit2stitch.com.


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment