Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Saying Good-bye...

 Early this morning, I had to say good-bye to my sweet little kitty, Rocket.  I always referred to him as "Demon Spawn".  This reference goes back to the day we found him in a neighbor's yard being attacked by birds.  He was a wee little thing at about 12 oz with no mother or siblings in sight.  It was just before July 4th and I could not let him be outside during that time.  It took two days to catch him.  Then, it was now what do we do with him?  The obvious answer was keep him.  Here he is on day one:


He is hiding behind the toilet because he was not sure of us at all.  I did ask neighbors about him and others had attempted to capture him but he was a biter.  

He had a love of boxes, paper bags, and baskets.  Here are a few pics:




Making the bed will always be a reminder of him as he loved helping:



He loved getting water from the bathroom sink:


 or just sitting in the sink:


He loved the men in his life as long as he could sit at their feet as lap kitty he was not:


He just wanted to be nearby.

He sent me to urgent care many times because he loved biting me.  I suppose I tasted good to him because I was the only one he ever bit.  He loved my sewing room as it was the only off-limits room in the house.  If he got in there, I turned the lights out and left.  The room became undesirable at the point.  He also mostly loved his buddy JB:



Good-bye my little friend.  I can not believe that you did not make it to your fifth birthday.  I really thought I would have you another 10 years or so but life is much more fragile than we realize sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment