Monday, April 8, 2024

Grief Shopping...

 Why does shopping make you feel better when you sad?  I have been trying very hard not to purchase much fabric this year as I just do not have space to store it anymore.  With the loss of my kitty, fabric shopping seemed to distract me for a little bit.  Fabric from fabrics-store.com:



I purchased 12 yards of this natural linen to finish my loveseat.  Fingers are crossed that 12 yards is enough after washing.


This is a waffle weave linen/cotton blend.  I purchased 6 yards to make a robe for my husband.  Hopefully, 6 yards will be enough and shrinkage occurrs.


This was a doggie bag purchase.  One yard of a grey pearl linen.  This will be a top of some sort for the hot summer days.


This is a doggie bag purchase.  Three yards of an asphalt linen.  This will become some sort of an outfit - pants with a matching top, a dress, or a skirt with a matching top.  Yeah, I try not to purchase anything without a clear idea of what I am wanting to make but I had been eyeing this color for a long while and it is rare to see a piece this large in the doggie bag.  

I have not purchased this amount of fabric in a long time.  I have my eye on another piece of fabric but I do not if I will get it now.  Although, it is possible that I may need another distraction.  My kitty that passed was like a baby to me.  He was the first one that I had raised from a kitten.  Believe me when I say that adults cats are much easier.  He never seemed to outgrown that kitten behavior and was still bouncing off the walls until about 2 days before his death.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment