Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Repeats...

 I have been working on organizing my sewing area for months.  I am always planning projects that I just do not get around to doing.  I started working on putting away a multitude of patterns and ran across these two patterns:


This is Simplicity 9133.  It is a reasonably versatile pattern with three necklines, short sleeves, and sleeveless.  It was a "new" release from fall and you can see here where I purchased it.  


This is New Look 6356.  This is a versatile pattern with neckline variations, short sleeves, and sleeveless.  This is an out-of-print pattern.

Do you notice anything about these two patterns?  Yeah, they look pretty much the same.  There are some differences like the New Look versions uses a zipper and the Simplicity version uses a button.  The Simplicity version comes in a larger size range.  I feel duped though.  The Simplicity pattern was suppose to be a new release not a re-release.  I have seen this before with McCall's re-issuing Kwik Sew patterns.  Where has the creativity gone?

Now, I wondering how many patterns that I have that are identical.  Do you tend to pick the same styles are well?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment