Saturday, November 15, 2014

Boot Cuffs Finished...

I needed a quick and easy project for the monthly knitting group that I attend and had picked boot cuffs.  To me, they sound like a very wearable item.  When I showed up at the knitting group, none of the ladies had hear of boot cuffs.  They were very interested in the what I was making.

About the pattern, I picked a freebie pattern from the internet that had a interesting looking cable with ribbing.  I didn't follow the instructions for the ribbing as I decided that I wanted a simple k2 p2 ribbing but I did follow the instructions for the cable.  Here's the finished project:


I'm happy with the ending result and know that they will be used during the cold winter.  I may make another pair with a different type of cabling and in black instead of the charcoal grey.

I do need more practice with binding off.  I only know one type of a bind off and in the pictures above, it looks like there is too loose.  Hopefully, it will tighten up after being washed/dried.

Now, I need to decide on another project for the monthly club.   Little projects are best so that you can talk with other people in the group and not worry too much about mistakes.

Happy Stitching (Sewing)!


No comments:

Post a Comment