Friday, December 28, 2012

Next project....

I've been working slowly on my next project.  I think I started it at the beginning of December. It's this dress from McCall's:

Not quiet a classic shirt dress but close enough.  I did make a couple of changes after I made a muslin which is something I don't usually do.  The changes that I made were changing the slope of the shoulder, adding bust darts, lengthening the dress by 2", and increasing the width of the sleeve.  Looking at the sleeve on the model, the  dress looks like it has lots of ease in the sleeve.  However, the muslin was really tight on my chubby arm.  Hopefully, I added enough ease.  I have also been changing little things as I go, too.  We'll see how it turns out.  It's just another piece of fabric from the mighty stash.  I think the fabric was a rayon challis.  
If this works out, I will make another dress in the spring from this pattern  I shouldn't waste the effort that has gone into making the adjustments for just one garment.   However, there are lots of patterns to work with. I have a might pattern stash also.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment