Thursday, July 12, 2012

I didn't realize...

....that it has been so long since I have been to my blog. Time has literally flown by. I've been busy doing a deep clean of the house. I have donated many boxes/bags of items to the charity but I am not finished yet. I will still continue working on clearing stuff. I know that I haven't hit every corner yet.

I did get my sewing room moved around and cleaned up. It has really put me back into the mood for sewing. I have traced and modified the Sorbetto pattern from Colette. The pattern is super simple. The hardest part is the binding. I am definitely out of practice on the topstitching. I have also drawn an a-line skirt pattern. That is next on the list. After the skirt, I may return to the Sorbetto and make another top.

We also went on vacation to Colorado/South Dakota area. It was absolutely beautiful. I hope that I get to go there again. I was sad to the find out that the forest are dying. I hope that something is can be done to save it. Here's one of my favorite pictures from the trip:



When I look at this picture, I see a hawk overlooking his territory.  The mountains and rock formations were just beautiful.

After my vacation, I had family come and spend a week.  It was so much fun to see them.  I do miss living close to family. 

Hopefully, the next time I check in I will have some sewing related projects finished and ready to share.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment