Saturday, February 4, 2012

One project down...

Yes, the sleep shirt is finished, mistakes and all.  Here it is:

Sorry, not a great picture but it was the best I could do.  The back of the shirt is black.  My son is happy with the way his shirt turned out and I'm mostly happy with it.  The shirt took 1 1/4 yards of the starwars fabric and 1 3/4 yards of the black fabric.  I do have a little bit of both fabric left.  The starwars fabric will be destined for the quilt that we are working on. The black fabric will probably be binding for something in the future.  The pattern is from the Buckles & Bobbins - A Beginning Sewing Book for Boys.  This is a great pattern. 

It really felt good to have the serger and sewing machine going.  I may have finally bonded with the Behemoth.  Yes, that is what I call one of my machines. 

Ok, it is off to start the pillow project from the "Make It Sew Modern" book.  It will have my modifications because I just can't follow directions.  LOL.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment