Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One step closer....

Yep, I'm one step closer on those jeans (Silhouettes - Lana's Jean). Everything is cut out and I added a 1/2" to the outside seams. I'm waiting on the jean stitch to show up. I don't really expect these jeans to fit right out of the package but I'm willing to give it a try. I may be pleasantly surprised.

I did go shopping last weekend and found 1 pair of pants (knit) and two skirts. I was doing a happy dance. There was a couple of casual tops thrown in. I was really excited about the pants. Over the past month I have tried on probably 50 pairs of pants - various stores and brands. I have purchased two pair. I'm really puzzled over the fit problems that I'm seeing in RTW. If the hip fits, the waist is many inches to big. ???? I understand that each manufacture has a particular model that they fit but I find it hard to believe that every pair of pants has an apple for model. My waist is only about 8 inches smaller than my hips and there could be a smaller difference than that but the 90% of the pants I've tried on lately has needed at least 4-5" removed from the waist. I have almost decided that the tailor will be my new best friend. I'm going to give myself one more go at making some pants. If it doesn't work out, I will visit the tailor.

Ok, jean stitch will be here tomorrow. I'm hoping to start sewing tomorrow evening. I thnk the hardest part is going to be the zipper.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment