Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where have I been....?

Well, I have been busy the last couple of weeks. I've been working, visiting friends in other cities, sewing (not everyday but almost), reading, and gardening. I have been trying to sew 15-30 minutes every day that I'm at home. Amazingly, I have been able to do this. It has made the cutting out of all the little pieces for the placemats take a long time. Also, I always have multiples projects going at the same time. Don't want to get bored. As for the reading, I received the new "Making Trousers for Men & Women" by David Page Coffin. It is a GOOD read. Really, it makes me want to make a nice pair of pants. Maybe I will.

The garden has finally started producing a lot. There has been tomatoes (8 to 10 varieties), beans (3 varieties), broccoli, corn, cantaloupe, hot banana peppers (other varieties aren't ready to pick yet), tomatillos, and squash (yellow and zucchini). Seeing this list makes it sound like I have a huge garden but I don't. Today, we cleared out the lettuce bed, and the cantaloupe beds. All three beds have been replants with lettuce, broccoli, kohlrabi, and spinach. I have another bed that currently has broccoli, kohlrabi, and chard which is almost ready to clear and replant.

No sewing done today because I canned tomatoes and hot banana peppers. I also ran a little boy to his math class.

School starts next week so I should have a little more time to sew.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment