Saturday, November 1, 2014

Inspiration...

Do you look at online shops for inspiration?  Today, I was looking at dresses at Anthropology and I found this:


This is the Stripeknit Swing Dress.  Cute, don't you think?  There are a few things that I don't like about the dress and it is the back but I don't have re-create the look of the back just the front.  Since cold weather is coming very soon, other changes would be the length of the sleeves and the length of the hem.  I think I have the perfect pattern to recreate the look but it is a top pattern.  Here it is:


This is one of the new fall Silhouette Patterns called Abbey's Knit Top.  I think this pattern can be used to create a look similar to the Anthropology dress.  

Do you think this pattern is a good one to re-create the Anthropology dress?  Do you know a better pattern pattern to use?  I should probably see if I can get this pattern to fit before attempting a dress.

I need to see if there is any fabric in my stash that might be big enough for a dress.  I don't usually have knits stashed that would be in the correct size for a dress but you never know what is hiding in the stash.

I hope I get something made.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment