Monday, October 5, 2026

Inspiration...Shirtdress

 I seem to be very attracted to dresses this season.  This one is very wearable:


This is the Long Shirtdress from Poetry Fashion.  Price tag: $298.00.  Details:  gentle a-line silhouette, rayon/linen blend, full-length sleeves gathered into cuffs, stitch detail waistband, side seam pockets, machine washable, collar and stand, deep hem. 

This is such a great silhouette.  I even like the port color.  Here is the pattern that I think would make a great version of this dress:


This is the Penny Dress from Seamwork.  It would need a different sleeve.  However, once you have fitted the dress there is a possibility that you could get three dresses - long sleeve, short sleeve, and sleeveless.

I found two companies that offer a rayon/linen blend - Charlee Fabrics and Denver Fabrics.  I have no doubt that there are many other companies carrying this type of fabric.  These two companies have colors that I am interested in.  

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment