1. narrow zig zag
2. satin zig zag
3. blanket stitch
4. blind hem applique
The first three were fairly easy to do. The fourth one, we never quite able to get it right and finally gave up. Here is my stitch sampler:
Starting at the left:
1. narrow zigzag - the settings used are .9L/1.5W, .5L/1.3W, .4L 1.0W.
2. satin zigzag - the settings used are .5L/3.0W, .4L/2.5W, .3L/2.0W.
My machine had different types of blanket stitches.
3. blanket stitch #11 - the settings used are 3.0L/3.5W, 2.5L/2.5W, 2.0L/2.0W.
4. blanket stitch #15 - the settings used are 2.0L/2.0W, 1.5L/1.5W.
5. blanket stitch #19 - the settings used are 3.0L/3.0W, 3.5L/3.5W, 3.5L/4.0W
6. blind hem - the settings used are 2.5L/0.5W, 2.5L/.8W, 2.5L/1.3W
My samples have already been stitched together but here is what they look like:
The narrow zigzag is in the upper left hand corner and the satin zigzag is in the lower right hand corner. I really liked the narrow zigzag. The upper right hand corner and the lower left hand corner are both done with the blanket stitch. This also has very nice results.
The blind hem applique ended up not working well. I think I need to do a little more research and practice before giving up on it. Has anyone tried this type of applique?