Tuesday, February 20, 2018

First Spring Top....

I was really inspired by the last inspiration post and have made the Uvita Top pattern by Itch to Stitch:


Here's my finished version:





Here's another look at the inspiration top:



The Uvita Top is very well drafted.  I did have to make a couple of changes.  Here's the list of changes:

1.  The pattern has a little bit of waist shaping so to get the pattern waist to my waist I added 1 5/8" above waist.

2.  I really needed length added to the front and the only way to do this was to add a dart.  I slashed a line across where my bust was and added 2 1/4" in length and took this out at the side by forming a dart.

3.  I removed 2" in length at center back.  There was just too much fabric pooling at the waistline. Chicken out on this alteration with the stripes but I will do it with a solid.

Now that I have the changes need for me on this pattern, I can whip this out in 1 to 1 1/2 hour. Yes, that includes layout and cutting out.   Oh, I made a size 16.  I could have gone up a size and it might have been better.  I think I had gained a wee bit of weight after I took my last set of measurements.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment