Friday, January 19, 2018

Pencil Skirt....

Need a dressy skirt quickly, try The Magic Pencil Skirt pattern by Pamela's Patterns.  I have had this skirt in the pattern stash for quite some time.  I'm sorry that I didn't try this sooner.  Here's the pattern as shown on the envelope:


You get two versions of a pencil skirt - one high waisted and one at the natural waist both a one-piece wonder.  I have gone with the natural waist version in a gray/black houndstooth knit fabric that was found in the fabric stash in a short length.  It took maybe an hour to complete from start-to-finish.  Here are the results:


Here's me with a top tucked in.  I'm not sure that I would actually wear this with a top tucked in without a big belt but I wanted you to see what the skirt looked like.  I would also not wear it bear legged.  I'll let the younger ladies do that.


Here's a little better shot of the skirt.  The photographer is much taller than I am and I had him squat down a bit to take a more start on shot.

Details:

1.  The fabric is an unknown type of fabric.  I purchased for very little at a craft sale.
2.  Needle:  75/11

Changes:

1.  Removed about 3/8" from the front going to nothing at the sides.

Overall, this is a great little pattern.   If I was still working in an office on a day-to-day basic, my closet would be full of these skirts.  There is nothing better than a basic uniform for work or for that matter just day-to-day.  Although it looks a bit dressy in the fabric that I chose, I wonder it making out of a stretch denim or something similar would make it a bit more casual.

I'm sorry that it took me so many years to give this pattern a try.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment