Monday, October 16, 2017

A Little Bit of Organization...

Things are getting along well enough that I feel like it is OK to show a couple of pictures.  Don't get me wrong, the new sewing room is still pretty much a disaster and not ready to use by any means but it is slowly getting there. This is the corner behind the door entering the room:


I used an over-the-door hook and a couple of skirt hangers to hang three of my cutting boards.  The larger mat is hanging on a hook that is attached to the door.  I either got this idea from pinterest or a quilting board.  I still need to figure out where to put my largest mat besides on the floor.  That mat is slightly larger than the lower mat that is hanging on the door.  Originally, it was suppose to hang from a skirt hanger but the hanger didn't have enough strength to hold it up.  I'm sure I will figure it out but I will welcome any ideas.


This is a smallish pegboard (2' x 4') that DH painted to matched the wall.  It is hung at the top of the door level to leave a bit of space for pattern paper rolls.  The top portion holds the vintage quilting hoop and my embroider hoops with the lower section holding machine hoops.  There is a little bit of space for other items that hang.  I have some small scissors shown as an example.  I did attempt to put the rotary cutter in there but it didn't work out so well.  I'm sure this idea also came from pinterest.

Well, I'm proud of the little bit of organization that I have accomplished.  I only get to spend about an hour a day in the sewing room because there are so many boxes that still need to be unpacked.  It gets better every day.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment