Monday, February 1, 2016

Mystery Update...

Progress has slowed.  I thought the Week 5 clues would be super easy and they were until I realized that I had not finished Week 1 clues like I thought.  That means that there is a lot of extra cutting, sewing, ironing, and trimming going on.  I'm am trying to maximize my sewing time as much as possible by stitching until there is nothing else left to stitch, then moving to the ironing board to press everything.  Then, I start checking the items that have been pressed, trimming where necessary, and redoing if needed.  It is a slow process.  Well, at least for me.

I'm already dreaming of the next quilt which will be for my son to take away to college.  So, it has to be done no later than the end of May.  We have settled on a design and amazingly I was unable to locate a printed pattern so I will have to figure out the needed fabrics on my own.  I suspect that I will guess on the background for the quilt.

Okay, off to work on the Mystery Quilt.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment