Friday, November 6, 2015

The Mystery Deepens....

After my work related stuff yesterday, I tried to pick out fabrics for the mystery quilt.  Here's what I've been so far:



Here are the shades of black.  I picked 11 different blacks but one of them doesn't look so black. Against the other shades of black, it looks dark brown.  It's the third one from the bottom.  What do you think?  Here's what I was thinking about replacing it with:


What do you think?  Should I replace the brownish-black with the above fabric?


This is the grey I've chosen.  The picture is a little dark.  It is the top fabric in the first picture of all the blacks where it is completely wash out.  Too light, too dark.  I can't seem to get a good balance today.


Here are the chosen reds.  Again, I'm not so sure about some of them.  The third one from the bottom seems a little too orange and the third one from the top seems a little too pink.  I was thinking about changing one of them out for this fabric:


This has my color card on it.  The little teddy bears will only add a little interest to the quilt.  There may be some other swaps too.  I'm not sure that I'm liking all my other reds.


Here's a couple of golds.  I had much more than this pulled but decided that they were too light.



Here's a few of creams that I pulled.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use them all. Some of them seem a little dark.  I discovered that I did pull as many color cards as I thought that I had for the creams.  This may require another run to the home improvement store.   I need a lot as in almost 6 yards of various creamy colors.  

Looks like I will be visiting my favorite local quilt shop for some creams, golds, and reds.  I must not forget my color cards when I go.  

The only other thing I need to get done for the quilt is to order the rulers.  I could probably get by without the rulers but sometimes a tool can really make something easier.  These rulers seem to be pretty basic as hopefully, they will be used for more than just this quilt. 

Anyone else going to do the mystery quilt at Quiltville?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment