Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June's Garden....

We had a very wet month of June.  Now, I'm not saying that the garden doesn't need a good supply of water but it rained almost daily the last two weeks of June.  Everything is soggy and lots of squash rotted. I should also mention that it has gotten cool also.  Here are the totals:

Chives - 1 oz

Cilantro - 3 7/8 oz - I strongly suspect that some of this may have been missed as I pick as needed.

Lettuce - 3 lbs 14 3/8 oz

Parsley - 2 1/2 oz - I strongly suspect that some of this may have been missed as I picked as needed.

Peas - 2 lbs 14 3/8 oz

Radishes - 1 lbs 4 3/4 oz

Spinach - 1 5/8 oz - This was a second planting and it bolted before we could pick much.  The weather was too hot early in June.

Grape tomatoes - 4 oz - This was our surprise for the month.  Generally, tomatoes are not seen till the end of July.  Much have been the hot weather.

Yellow squash - 1 lb 6 5/8 oz

Zucchini - 7 lbs 8 1/2 oz

I also made 16 jars of Nectarine/Mango jam.  The chive vinegar was finished and drained.  It is always so pretty. I ended up with 2 quarts of vinegar.

Here's few pictures around the gardens:


Mass of daisies and day lilies.  These are more or less a weed around my house. We've ended up with a bare spot in the front of this bed the last couple of years.  We get the early blooms but nothing after that.  I suspect that the trash cans end up in that spot a lot.


Oak leaf hydrangea.  Love this plant.


Cone flowers...another weedy plant but how can you resist something that comes back on it's own. There are other plants mixed in there.


More day lilies and other plants.


I couldn't resist taking the picture of the butterfly visiting the cone flower.

Happy Stitching or Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment