Friday, May 1, 2015

Cooking...Ham, Egg & Cheese Bread Bowls

I'm addicted to trying new recipes from Pinterest.  Sometimes, they are really good and sometimes, not so great.   This time it was pretty good.


This pic is from Pinterest.  Mine didn't look that nice but they tasted fine.  You can find the recipe here - Ham, Egg & Cheese Bread Bowls.   I always try to follow the recipes the first time that I make them.  Here are the changes that I made:

1. Whole Grain Buns from the local grocery store bakery.
2. A whole large egg was too big for the buns that I used.  So, I made two with the whole large eggs and two using 1 egg mixed,
3.  I used a pepper jack cheese instead of the mozzarella.
4. Using a convect oven at 350, the buns took between 20 and 25 minutes to  cook.  I don't like runny whites.

These were pretty close to a basic breakfast sandwich.  I can see making a bunch of these on the weekend for a quick breakfast or lunch through the week.  Just think of the extra time for stitching with one of these to pop into the microwave.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment